top of page

In search of purpose: The things that matter

<Photo: Chapter 14 from “The art of the good life” by Rolf Dobelli>

Purpose = Circle of competence - Sturgeon’s Law Start by drawing your circle of competence. Then subtract from the circle 90% of what you do. The remainder 10% is purpose - the things that matter. 

Sturgeon’s Law, named after science fiction writer Theodore Sturgeon, states that 90 per cent of everything that we do is crap. Our achievements aren’t as as great as we think they are.  Most achievements don’t matter.  All the more reason to make sure that you have a good base camp in life.  #alwaysbelieve 

recent posts
bottom of page